Solutions and Use Cases
The function execution service provides solutions for various application use cases.
- An application that executes a server-side transaction or makes data updates using the Geode distributed locking service.
- An application that initializes some of its components once on each server, which might be used later by executed functions.
- Initialization and startup of a third-party service, such as a messaging service.
- Any arbitrary aggregation operation that requires iteration over local data sets that can be done more efficiently through a single call to the cache server.
- Any kind of external resource provisioning that can be done by executing a function on a server.