Data Serialization APIs
IGFSerializable for each region. Do not mix the two.
For more information on these options, see Data Serialization.
- IPdxSerializable interface. Provides a flexible way to serialize your domain objects for cache storage and transfer to the servers. This is a Geode built-in serialization framework. See Data Serialization.
- IPdxReader. Supplies operations for reading data from Geode IPDXSerializable types.
- IPdxWriter. Provides operations for writing data into Geode IPDXSerializable types.
- IPdxInstance. Instance of a PDX serialized object that you can use to access the object’s data without having to deserialize the object first.
- IPdxInstanceFactory. Allows you to build an IPdxInstance using raw data.
- IPdxTypeMapper interface. Allows you to map .NET type names to Java type names when using PDX serialization.
- IGFSerializable interface. Superclass of one set of user objects that can be serialized and stored in the cache. These are Geode built-in serializable types. See Data Serialization.
Serializable class. Wraps the native C++
gemfire::Serializableobjects as managed
IGFSerializableobjects. Whenever native C++ clients and .NET clients interoperate and are part of the same distributed system, the user-defined types that are put by the native C++ clients that have not been defined in .NET are returned as objects of this class.
The API contains overloads for most Region methods and other methods that take
Serializableas a value and that are more optimized than the more generic
IGFSerializableoverloads. The application prefers using these overloads whenever the base class of an object is
DataInput. Supplies operations for reading primitive data values and user-defined objects from a byte stream.
DataOutput. Provides operations for writing primitive data values and user-defined objects implementing
IGFSerializableto an integer.